Hello There, Guest!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9, is 1-2 with a 5.93 ERA a
Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. After three-time reigning mens titlist Novak Djokovic lost here on Tuesday, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska took down two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 5-7, 6-0 on Wednesday to set up a semifinal match with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. "Im so happy and pleased, especially that I beat one of the best players in the world," Radwanska said. "Was not easy draw, not easy quarterfinal. Im very happy that I made my first semifinal here." The second-seeded Azarenkas 18-match winning streak in Melbourne came to a halt on Day 10. She was trying to become the first woman to win the singles title here in three consecutive years, or since Martina Hingis turned the trick from 1997-99. Radwanska, who ended a streak of three consecutive quarterfinal defeats at the Aussie Open, committed just 15 unforced errors compared to 47 for Azarenka. "She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit too predictive, you know," Azarenka said. Azarenka had been a dominant 12-3 lifetime against her fellow 24-year-old Radwanska, including a come-from-behind Aussie quarterfinal victory two years ago. Meanwhile, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-seeded Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 in a match that lasted just 60 minutes to secure her spot in the final four. The 24-year-old Cibulkova, who stunned No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round on Monday, is the first woman from Slovakia to reach the Aussie Open semis since Daniela Hantuchova in 2008. The diminutive Cibulkova improved to 2-3 in quarterfinal matches at Grand Slams, with her other win coming at the 2009 French Open. "That time I was 19 years old. I was pretty young. I would say also a different player. You know, I am much more experienced," Cibulkova said. Halep, who upended former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in the fourth round, appeared overwhelmed in her Grand Slam quarterfinal debut. "No, just I couldnt play today. I had emotions, big emotions, and I couldnt manage this," she said. "Before the match I was very nervous and I didnt feel the ball at all. I couldnt move my body and I couldnt play." Fourth-seeded Chinese star Li Na and 30th-seeded blossoming 19-year- old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard will meet in the other semifinal on Thursday. The former French Open champion Li is a two-time runner-up at Melbourne Park, including last year against Azarenka. Nike Vapormax Suomi . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face. Vapormax 2019 Suomi . Sections of the British media reported Friday that Brooklyn Beckham, the son of United great David, was invited to a training session at the club on Thursday. http://www.vapormaxsuomi.com/ . Span, Danny Espinosa and Adam LaRoche had two hits apiece as Washington won the final two games of the series. The Nationals improved to 3-7 against Atlanta. They increased their division lead over the Braves to 1 1/2 games. Vapormax 97 Suomi . Head coach Randy Carlyle confirmed the news after the Leafs morning skate on Monday. Kozun was hurt during Friday nights home game against the Red Wings and did not make the return trip to Detroit for Saturdays game. Vapormax Ale . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one.PITTSBURGH – By the time the Blue Jays arrived to PNC Park on Saturday afternoon, Brandon Morrow was already in Arizona undergoing an MRI on his injured right hand. The Blue Jays, for the time being, are calling it a strain of the right index finger. "He felt something pop right here, an index finger strain," said manager John Gibbons, pointing to the base of his right index finger. "That could change, theyre out there doing an MRI right now, once the doctor reads it. He felt it towards the end of his last inning (on Friday.)" Right-hander Chad Jenkins was recalled froom Triple-A Buffalo to take Morrows roster spot.dddddddddddd Gibbons had planned to use six starters through the next turn of the rotation. With Morrows injury those plans get scrapped. J.A. Happ will start, as planned, on Monday in Philadelphia and will be followed by Drew Hutchison on Tuesday and Mark Buehrle on Wednesday. Happ will remain in the starting rotation for the foreseeable future. Morrow, 29, is 1-2 with a 5.93 ERA and a 1.720 WHIP in 27 1/3 innings over six starts. He went five innings in Friday nights 6-5 loss to the Pirates, leaving the game with a 4-3 lead. ' ' '